Tuesday, August 19, 2008

Finally, a PLAN!

I hope you enjoy my picture of the most perfect example of man capris I could find. I'm actually not exactly what the picture of the other guy is there for so you can just ignore him. (And just for the record, this was supposed to go at the bottom, but since I am still tyring to figure this thing out it is going at the top.)

Hello everybody! For those of you who do not know yet, I am OFFICIALLY going to Geneva, Switzerland!! I've been talking about maybe going since last year, and just yesterday we finalized the plane ticket for me to leave on August 27th!! (Sorry about all of the exclamation marks, I'm just so EXCITED!) I will be staying until December 16th, and going to a semester of Swiss public schools supplemented with a few online classes (I can hardly understand science as it is, so we figured we'd better do something). We actually have not had any direct contact with the schools there, and I honestly don't even know what day it starts, but we're just going to have faith that it works out. I'll stay with the Vopicelli family (a couple we knew from when my parents were mission presidents there, and are good friends with).


I'm getting a little sick of answering all of the same questions over and over again so...


FAQ's:

Are you going by yourself?
Yep! Wouldn't want any parental supervision while flirting with all those attractive European boys, now would we?


Are you scared/nervous?
Duh!! I'm going across the ocean for four months to a place where they speak a different language and if I get homesick there's no changing my mind!


What do they speak in Switzerland? Swedish?
You know for living in 'little Switzerland' (talking about my home sweet home here in Midway) where 99.99% of everybody has Swiss ancestry, they sure don't know a lot about the place! They speak Swedish in Sweden. Just because two countries start with the same two letters DOES NOT mean that they speak the same language. In Switzerland there are three main languages: German, French, and Italian. Most of the country is German-speaking, but where I'm going I get to speak French.

6 comments:

Tahiti Chick said...

Love the blog. I now have a very very special link to represent the very special Nellie. Aw presh.

Bonnie and Ben Kacher said...

Nelli!!!!!! I am so happy that you started a blog. I didn't think you really would do it. I can't wait to hear all about Switzerland and see tons of pictures. I am totally jealous and I wish I could come along.

kachers said...

NELLIE!

I love the blog title - you came up with the perfect one. Are you hoping to find a man capris man in sweden? I mean Switzerland? COME SEE US!!

Beck said...

I dont really know anybody who thinks they speak swedish in switzerland so i'm thinking that you made that one up lol)(jarom)

kachers said...

Ok Nellie - I have to comment again! I have seen SO MANY men in man capris that I've lost count! hahaha I have you arrive in Switzerland?!?! Are you coming to see us?? :> We love ya!

Dan said...

Hey, your mom told us about you and your sibs blogs. also man-capris are sick. dont ever mention them again.